DescriptionArray index error in the gdth_read_event function in drivers/scsi/gdth.c in the Linux kernel before 2.6.32-rc8 allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly gain privileges via a negative event index in an IOCTL request.
Overall state of this security issue: Resolved
This issue is currently rated as having important severity.
|National Vulnerability Database|
Note from the SUSE Security TeamThis problem requires that the GDTH PCI RAID card is installed in the affected system and also that /dev/gdth is accessible by non-root users. SUSE Bugzilla entry: 557668 [RESOLVED / FIXED] SUSE Security Advisories:
- SUSE-SA:2009:061, published Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2009:064, published Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2010:001, published Thu, 07 Jan 2010 18:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2010:005, published Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2010:013, published Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:00:00 +0000
List of released packages
|Product(s)||Fixed package version(s)||References|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 |
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 11
Status of this issue by product and package
Please note that this evaluation state might be work in progress, incomplete or outdated. Also information for service packs in the LTSS phase is only included for issues meeting the LTSS criteria. If in doubt, feel free to contact us for clarification.