DescriptionThe Network Security Services (NSS) library before 3.12.3, as used in Firefox; GnuTLS before 2.6.4 and 2.7.4; OpenSSL 0.9.8 through 0.9.8k; and other products support MD2 with X.509 certificates, which might allow remote attackers to spoof certificates by using MD2 design flaws to generate a hash collision in less than brute-force time. NOTE: the scope of this issue is currently limited because the amount of computation required is still large.
Overall state of this security issue: Resolved
This issue is currently rated as having important severity.
|National Vulnerability Database|
SUSE Security Advisories:
- TID7021279, published Sa 3. MÃ¤r 12:00:59 CET 2018
- TID7021518, published Sa 3. MÃ¤r 12:01:00 CET 2018
- TID7021676, published Sa 3. MÃ¤r 10:24:18 CET 2018
- TID7021848, published Sa 3. MÃ¤r 12:00:57 CET 2018
- TID7021872, published Sa 3. MÃ¤r 12:00:21 CET 2018
- TID7022102, published Sat Mar 3 09:45:41 UTC 2018
SUSE Timeline for this CVECVE page created: Fri Jun 28 07:02:56 2013
CVE page last modified: Mon Feb 13 11:26:15 2023