DescriptionMultiple heap-based buffer overflows in the (1) DCTStream::readProgressiveSOF and (2) DCTStream::readBaselineSOF functions in the DCT stream parsing code (Stream.cc) in xpdf 3.01 and earlier, as used in products such as (a) Poppler, (b) teTeX, (c) KDE kpdf, (d) pdftohtml, (e) KOffice KWord, (f) CUPS, and (g) libextractor allow user-assisted attackers to cause a denial of service (heap corruption) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted PDF file with an out-of-range number of components (numComps), which is used as an array index.
Overall state of this security issue: Resolved
This issue is currently rated as having moderate severity.
|National Vulnerability Database|
SUSE Security Advisories:
- SUSE-SA:2006:001, published Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SR:2005:029, published Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SR:2005:030, published Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SR:2006:001, published Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SR:2006:002, published Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:00:00 +0000
SUSE Timeline for this CVECVE page created: Fri Jun 28 02:03:51 2013
CVE page last modified: Fri Oct 7 12:45:31 2022