SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.3 Public RC (RC 2) is out!
We are thrilled to announce the Public Release Candidate (RC 2) of SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.3!
SLE Micro is an ultra-reliable, lightweight operating system purpose built for edge computing. Please check out our Product page to learn more, but for the beta program, please refer to our dedicated beta page.
- SLE Micro 5.3 is based on SLE 15 SP4 where SLE Micro 5.2 was based on SLE 15 SP3. Please check out the Release Notes for SLES 15 SP4 x86_64, s390x and aarch64
- NetworkManager is the new default instead of Wicked
- UserSpace Live Patching as Technology Preview
- 5G support is included as of Beta2
- New plug-ins added for Cockpit
- Added the default set of Cockpit plug-ins to the raw images
- SLE Micro for Rancher OCI now uses NetworkManager
- Several bug-fixes
As always, we highly recommend to check our Release Notes for a complete overview of the changes in this new version.
We are aware of several issues with Cockpit plug-ins:
- The SELinux plug-in misses the dependency on policycoreutils-python-utils package; it needs to be installed manually. It also suggests to install setroubleshoot-server for additional functionality, which is not available for SLE Micro (setroubleshoot-server is not expected to be included in SLE Micro 5.3) (bsc#1203371)
- The kdump plug-in fails to enable kdump correctly if it was not enabled before (bsc#1203374)
An updated list of known issues can be found here.
Call for feedback
We are eager and excited to retrieve your feedback on this new version of our beloved SLE Micro product! As with any SUSE Public Beta Program, we have a public mailing list in place for technical and product discussion as well as a bugzilla setup to be used for bug report.
Please refer to SLE Micro Beta web page for more information.