Disable the user list on the login screen in SLE15
This document (000019890) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP2
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP1
1. Using your favorite editor create the gdm profile which contains the following lines:
2. Then create the following file and add the following contents:
# Do not show the user list
3. Update the system database:
5. Restart display-manager service:
#systemctl restart display-manager.service
After the desktop restarts the login screen should now present the user with login name and password prompts.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000019890
- Creation Date: 26-Feb-2021
- Modified Date:02-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com