grub2 can't find lvmid device when a 2nd disk is added to the root volume group
This document (7024181) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Assign another LUN to the system (e.g. dev/mapper/360000000000000000000000000000010)
- Create a GPT partition table.
- create a PReP partition of about 8MB size /dev/mapper/360000000000000000000000000000010-part1
- create a second partition consuming all free space on the LUN e.g. /dev/mapper/360000000000000000000000000000010-part2
- pvcreate /dev/mapper/360000000000000000000000000000010-part2
- vgextend system /dev/mapper/360000000000000000000000000000010-part2
- lvextend -L+20G /dev/system/root
- btrfs filesystem resize max /
Now install the bootloader on BOTH PReP partitions
- grub2-install /dev/mapper/360000000000000000000000000000000-part1
- grub2-install /dev/mapper/360000000000000000000000000000010-part1
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7024181
- Creation Date: 15-Oct-2019
- Modified Date:06-Apr-2022
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com