Installation of Oracle 10.2.0.2 on SLES10 fails with a lot of link errors
This document (3459657) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Reason: a missing Oracle Patch
Run the Oracle GUI for 10.2.0.2 on SLES10 until you get the link error
- let the GUI keep running while you install patch 6007358
The manual steps to follow to apply patch 6007358:
1. Unzip the patch zip file into a temp directory, for instance to:
2. This creates an appropriate patch directory structure and has all the necessary files in it.
3. Copy the libraries to the appropriate directory under $ORACLE_HOME.
For example :
cp /tmp/ora/6007358/files/lib/libclient10.a $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclient10.a
cp /tmp/ora/6007358/files/lib32/libclient10.a $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/libclient10.a
4. Click "Retry" on the error message box from OUI.
This allows completion of 10.2.0.2 installation on SLES10 and then you can upgrade to 10.2.0.3 with patchset 5337014.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3459657
- Creation Date: 16-Jul-2007
- Modified Date:24-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com