The telco’s challenge
Four future needs in the telco sector
- Digital transformation. Three quarters (73%) of Telcos believe integrating new platforms and technologies is a major challenge. The result is short- term financial stresses and disrupted customer experiences. Integration is the number one barrier to digital transformation.
- Customer retention. Churn is a perpetual challenge for Telco providers – one exacerbated by the pandemic, during which customers sought fast and reliable communications. Telco revenues fell by nearly 3% in 2020, amounting to a $43 billion hit compared to 2019.
- Security and compliance. Over half (54%) of senior Telco executives believe cyber vulnerabilities and demands of complying with modern security standards make digitization more difficult. To eliminate anxiety and commit to a digitalization journey, Telcos must first transform their security operations.
- Scale. Mobile and broadband revenue growth – low single digits, at best – is heavily constrained by competition and the economic environment. Telcos should seek out enterprise solutions to drive new revenue opportunities.
Become an Innovation Hero
- 64 times quicker completion of some financial transactions
- 1.57 times faster cost allocation during month-end close
- 13.78 times quicker extraction of data for financial consolidations
- 12 times faster reporting on retiree wages
- 3.6 times quicker transfer of personnel data from SAP application to third-party identity management system
- 5.14 times faster production of reconciliation reports for net pay
See the difference with SUSE
products & solutions
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
The industry’s most secure, modular Linux operating system that paves the way for IT transformation in the software-defined era.
Addresses the needs of DevOps teams deploying applications with Kubernetes and IT staffs delivering enterprise-critical services.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro
Leverages the enterprise-hardened technology components of SUSE Linux Enterprise and merges that with what developers want from a modern, immutable OS platform.
A best-in-class open source infrastructure management solution for heterogeneous Linux environments.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SAP Applications
The leading Linux platform for SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA solutions and is endorsed by SAP.
The industry’s only 100% open source, Zero-Trust container security platform.