The manufacturer’s challenge
Faced with continued disruption to global supply chains, heightened demand pressure, and threats from new entrants - business as usual is not an option. Every ambitious manufacturing organization needs to reassess its operating and business model and embed resilience and agility. Most manufacturers have begun this journey, but few are fully digitized. Each faces differing budget priorities, the complexities of fragmented deployments, and difficulties executing initial digitalization plans.
Four future manufacturing imperatives
- Digital transformation. The future of manufacturing will be technology-enabled and Industry 4.0 provides the framework. Cloud, edge computing, digital twin, IoT, and AI/ML will fuel process reinvention, operational efficiency, and state-of-the art innovation.
- Business Resilience. In the wake of disruption, manufacturers must mitigate risk through improved visibility and predictability, strengthened supply chain risk management, and predictive maintenance that eliminates unplanned downtime.
- Security. Surging threats during the pandemic coupled with insider threats, have added to the sense of business risk. For manufacturers, cybersecurity – inside and outside the organization – is increasingly vital.
- Recruitment. New workforce entrants want to use the latest and greatest tech. To overcome the challenge of talent scarcity, making the workplace attractive means making it modern. Cloud-native operators should have access to a full stack of enterprise-ready open-source tools. Developers want to work with the best technologies.
Become an Innovation Hero
SUSE’s business-critical Linux solutions accelerate innovation and enable our customers to respond to markets demands faster. We support the widest range of architectures, virtualization, container runtime, storage, and network options.
Enterprise Container Management
Kubernetes maximizes development agility and accelerate digital transformation. Rancher unifies all your clusters to ensure consistent operations, workload management, and enterprise-grade security – from core to cloud to edge.
SUSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Applications is the premiere Linux platform for SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA solutions in manufacturing. We reduce the risk of service outages, and let you deploy SAP services faster on-premises and in the cloud.
SUSE is the leader in intelligent edge computing solutions based on lightweight Linux, Kubernetes, and storage products for x86 or Arm hardware. We deliver consistency, performance, reliability, security – all of which are vital for manufacturing edge use cases.
- Millions of data points queried in seconds, enabling faster business decisions.
- 50% reduction in headcount requirements, boosting cost-efficiency.
- Lays the foundation for environmentally friendly manufacturing technologies such as Industry 4.0.
See the difference with SUSE
products & solutions
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
The industry’s most secure, modular Linux operating system that paves the way for IT transformation in the software-defined era.
Addresses the needs of DevOps teams deploying applications with Kubernetes and IT staffs delivering enterprise-critical services.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro
Leverages the enterprise-hardened technology components of SUSE Linux Enterprise and merges that with what developers want from a modern, immutable OS platform.
A best-in-class open source infrastructure management solution for heterogeneous Linux environments.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SAP Applications
The leading Linux platform for SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA solutions and is endorsed by SAP.
The industry’s only 100% open source, Zero-Trust container security platform.