Why SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on IBM Z and LinuxONE?
SUSE is the #1 Linux provider for IBM mainframes. Our partnership with IBM means you can confidently rely on our joint engineering excellence for your mission-critical environments.
Designed to run large numbers of workloads in full isolation at scale, with enterprise-grade confidentiality and protection of sensitive data from internal and external threats across your hybrid cloud environment.
Provides next level availability and ensures the highest levels of security while reducing your planned and unplanned downtime. SUSE Live Patching for IBM Z and LinuxONE maximizes system uptime and availability.
Supports the latest technology advances for performance and operational efficiency across the full range of IBM Z and LinuxONE systems. SUSE systems management tools dramatically reduce the complexity of mainframe systems maintenance.
Trusted by the world’s leading enterprises
Top 4 Features
IBM Z and LinuxONE systems run large, mixed workloads environments with very little downtime. SLES on IBM Z & LinuxOne helps you save on licensing and leverage virtualization, cloud, containerization and cryptography technologies.
High Performance and Throughput
- Optimized performance tuning with a rich set of commands to collect and analyze performance and trace data
- Ability to use SIMD instructions in user space for analytics workloads and math libraries.
- Symmetric Multi-Threading (SMT) support improves performance through shared resource utilization.
Security and Data Protection
- Secure Execution enablement provides a trusted environment designed to protect and isolate critical workloads.
- Connection to RACF, ACF2 and Top Secret
- AppArmor security framework and SELinux.
- Support for the latest cryptographic adapters for advanced data protection.
- Store Hypervisor Information (STHYI) from LPAR is available in KVM.
- Non-privileged user-space applications running on KVM can retrieve hypervisor capacity data through the LPAR if not provided by the Linux kernel.
- Multiple paths let you establish multiple connections between the same two z/VM guests resulting in better scalability for z/VM Linux data exchange and improved performance
- Advanced high availability Linux services are included with every subscription - offers a clustered file system for Linux on IBM Z Systems
- Delivers all the essential monitoring, messaging and cluster resource management features in an integrated suite of open source technologies.
Get Started with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Your modernization journey is as unique as your business. We work with you and your team to identify starting points, design solutions, implement best practices, and optimize for continual success.Learn More ›
If skills are inhibiting your transformation, SUSE Training is your answer. Our comprehensive portfolio of courses and certification paths provide the training that fits your needs, your schedule, and your business.Learn More ›
Premium Support Services
Extend your SUSE support with direct, named access to a resource who knows you, your team and your infrastructure. Keep up with the pace of change and customer expectations, while still taking care of every day business.Learn More ›
Get the quick start guide for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on IBM Z and LinuxONEStart Now ›
Announcing SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP5 – One Linux, Limitless Innovation
With SUSE Linux Enterprise you’re not just using one of the most secure platforms available, you’re…
Explore Innovative Solutions and Advancements in Confidential Computing with SUSE at Open Source Summit
In just a little more than a week, the open source communities will be gathered in beautiful…
Introducing SUSE support for the newest model of IBM LinuxONE Rockhopper and IBM z16 Platforms
The ground-breaking combination of IBM and SUSE security and sustainability initiatives pave the way…