Our ESG Vision
Our ESG vision is to drive real impact around societal and environmental topics of importance to our stakeholders. We continue to strengthen our ESG activities and create value for our stakeholders.
- The ESG function is accountable to SUSE's executive leadership team and board of directors.
- ESG vision and strategy are supported by group-level goals; and ESG metrics linked to our remuneration.
- Four employee networks (GoGreen, Women in Technology, Pride @ SUSE, Open Source Community Citizens) engage employees and provide a space to share common interests, fostering inclusiveness and community at all levels.
- SUSE promotes volunteerism as each employee gets one paid day per year to volunteer, with recognition for their community service.
- SUSE partners with charities with external organizations to drive sustainable and social impact for our stakeholders.
- For example, we partner with Eden Reforestation Projects, a global non-profit organization, to plant trees, reduce deforestation, and restore communities in Madagascar.
Our Focus Areas
Our focus areas are guided by United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and defined based on the materiality assessment we conducted in the fiscal year 2021. We continue to make progress in delivering our goals for each focus area, demonstrated by independent ESG ratings.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and employee engagement and well-being are key priorities for SUSE. We want all our people to feel supported by our unique and vibrant culture, as that ensures everyone at SUSE can bring their authentic selves to work.
Organizations today face increasing pressure to deliver mutually beneficial value to their shareholders and the world at large. By enabling our customers to innovate everywhere, we organically help them create more sustainable enterprises.
We apply a scientific approach to climate action by decarbonizing our business and value chain while delivering energy-efficient products and solutions. We set ambitious goals backed by strong stakeholder participation and aligned with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
Our compliance policies, governance framework and integrated risk management processes allow SUSE to operate ethically, govern effectively and ensure integrity in the way we do business.
SUSE Employee Networks
SUSE Employee Networks are designed to create an inclusive and diverse environment for employees, facilitating collaboration and support across the company.
Pride @ SUSE
Our mission is to work together to help members thrive and succeed while encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. Together, we will continually demonstrate the value of diversity at SUSE and within our own communities.
SUSE Women in Tech
Our mission is to empower, equipping every woman within the network with access to learning and development opportunities (e.g., professional development and networking opportunities) so they can advance their careers in technology.
Our mission is to promote initiatives that help SUSE (including employees, suppliers, partners, communities and customers) act responsibly when thinking about their collective environmental impact on the Earth.
SUSE Open Source Community Citizens
Our mission is to unite and empower employees who are passionate about promoting open source principles.