Interaction problems between Intel TSX and Intel performance registers
This document (7023734) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
Intel SkylakeIntel Kaby LakeIntel Coffee LakeIntel Whiskey Lake
- Add a "force_rtm_abort" attribute per perf event attribute to allow user programs to opt in to use counter 3 and disable TSX while the perf event is active.
- Also add a "allow_rtm" attribute to allow programs to make sure TSX is enabled during the measurement (e.g. if they want to measure TSX itself)
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7023734
- Creation Date: 21-Feb-2019
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com