Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 0 for SLE 12 SP2
|References:||#1008284 #1012183 #1012759|
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 4.4.21-69 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2016-8655: A race condition in the af_packet packet_set_ring
function could be used by local attackers to crash the kernel or gain
- CVE-2016-9555: The sctp_sf_ootb function in net/sctp/sm_statefuns.c in
the Linux kernel lacks chunk-length checking for the first chunk, which
allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds
slab access) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted SCTP
- A stability issue in the btrfs module was fixed (bsc#1008284)
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-2016-1834=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12 (x86_64):