Recommended update for cpuid
An update that has one recommended fix can now be installed.
This update for cpuid fixes the following issues:
This update provides cpuid version 20170122 for the HPC Module
* Added synth decoding for Intel Knights Landing B0.
* Added new synth decodings for Intel Kaby Lake.
* Fixed synth decodings for AMD Steamroller and Jaguar.
* Added synth decodings for AMD Puma and Excavator.
* For (6,15),(0,2) Piledriver processors, detect FX series and report it
as Vishera instead of Abu Dhabi/Seoul/Delhi.
* Added general microarchitecure names for AMD (e.g. Piledriver) in
addition to specific core names (e.g. Trinity) for later generation
processors. If I have trouble remembering these, it seems likely other
people do too.
* Added synth decoding for Quark X1000.
* Added Intel Atom Z2760 (Clover Trail).
* Added extra synth decodings for some Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge
Update to upstream release 20161201:
* Fixed bugs in the subleaf walks for 0x8000001d (AMD cache information)
and 0x40000003 (Xen hypervisor information) because the code for them
was under wholly the wrong loops.
Update to upstream release 20161114:
* cpuid.c: Added -l/--leaf and -s/--subleaf options to cause cpuid to dump
just the specified leaf and subleaf. If
-s/--subleaf is not specified, it is assumed to be 0. The intended
purpose for this is to display raw dumps of not-yet-supported leaves.
* cpuid.c: Added AVX512DQ, AVX512IFMA, AVX512BW, AVX512VL, and CLWB
decoding to 7/ebx.
* cpuid.c: Added AVX512VBMI to 7/ecx.
* cpuid.c: Added print_f_0_edx to show L3 cache QoS monitoring support.
* cpuid.c: Added total & local bandwidth monitoring to 0xf/1/edx.
* cpuid.c: Added 0x15/ecx nominal core crystal clock decoding.
* cpuid.c: In print_17_0_ebx, corrected reversed scheme encodings.
* cpuid.c: Added synth decoding for Xeon D-1500 (Broadwell-DE) Y0 stepping.
* cpuid.c: Added synth decoding comment about Braswell D1 stepping, but
its stepping number is not documented.
* cpuid.c: Added synth decoding for (0,6),(8,14) Kaby Lake processors.
* cpuid.c: Added synth decoding for Apollo Lake processors.
* cpuid.c: Added vague synth decoding for (0,6),(9,14) Kaby Lake
* cpuid.c: Add AVX512_4VNNIW & AVX512_4FMAPS flags.
* cpuid.c: Add Knights Mill (KNM) CPUID.
Update to upstream release 20160814:
* cpuinfo2cpuid: Added a script that takes input from a /proc/cpuinfo file
and converts it into suitable input to cpuid. The information that cpuid
is capable of producing based
on this very limited input information is slight, but apparently there
is interest in getting the synthesized (synth) leaf from this.
* Support SGX, MPX, BNDLDX/BNDSTX, RDPID, and IA32_XSS PT state.
* Add information for Skylake, Broadwell, Broadwell-E and -EX processors,
Atom C2000 (Avoton) with A0/A1 steppings, Atom Z3n00 (Bay Trail)
stepping 1, Xeon D-1500 (Broadwell-DE) V2 stepping, corrected Atom Z8000
(Cherry Trail), added Atom S1200 (Centerton) and VIA Eden.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for HPC 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-HPC-12-2017-1843=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for HPC 12 (x86_64):