EMC Powerpath disk subsystem freezes up after upgrade to sles11sp2.
This document (7013202) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
1) Before the upgrade, EMC Powerpath 5.7 SP1 was removed from the SLES 11 SP1 OS
2) Performed the upgrade based on the zypper dup methods
3) Installed EMC Powerpath 5.7 SP1 P01 for SLES 11 SP2.
When Powerpath starts up (either at boot time, or manually after boot time), get a mutex_lock error and the disk subsystem freezes up. The rest of the system remains available and functioning. Can no longer probe scsi devices, list out physical volumes in LVM, or run any powerpath commands.
Have also tried using powerpath 5.7 SP1 (without patch 01) for SLES 11 SP2, but it's hanging as well. disk subsystem freezes up. The rest of the system remains available and functioning, but I can no longer probe scsi devices, list out physical volumes in LVM, or run any powerpath commands.
- Document ID:7013202
- Creation Date: 04-Sep-2013
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org