Fixing chmod -R 777 /
This document (7014410) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
***Note: Never run this command***
- Reinstall - Copy off all pertinent data and then wipe the drive and reinstall with an up to date version of SLE.
- Restore - Restore from a full system backup taken before the change was made.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014410
- Creation Date: 14-Jan-2014
- Modified Date:26-Aug-2022
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com