Recommended update for amazon-ssm-agent
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that has one recommended fix can now be installed.
This update for amazon-ssm-agent provides version 220.127.116.11 and fixes the
- Enables the Session Manager capability that lets you manage your Amazon EC2 instance through an interactive one-click browser-based shell or through the AWS CLI.
- Beginning this agent version, SSM Agent will create a local user "ssm-user" and add it to /etc/sudoers (Linux) every time the agent starts. The ssm-user is the default OS user when a Session Manager session is started, and the password for this user is reset on every session. You can change the permissions by moving the ssm-user to a less-privileged group or by changing the sudoers file. The ssm-user is not removed from the system when SSM Agent is uninstalled.
- Retry sending Run Command execution results for up to 2 hours.
- More detailed error messages are returned for inventory plugin failures during State Manager association executions.
- Bug fix to clean the orchestration directory.
- Streaming AWS Systems Manager Run Command output to CloudWatch Logs.
- Reducing number of retries for serial port opening.
- Add retry logic to installation verification.
- Bug fix to retry sending document results if they couldn't reach the service.
- Bug fix so that aws:downloadContent does not change permissions of directories.
- Bug fix to Cloudwatch plugin where StartType has duplicated Enabled value.
- Added support for agent hibernation so that Agent backs off or enters hibernation mode if it does not have access to the service.
- Fix S3Download to download from cross regions.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Public-Cloud-12-2018-2386=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):