How to access LVM partitions when system is booted with rescue CD
This document (3134230) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
1. Start the system with the rescue CD
2. Login with root (no password needed)
3. Mount the / partition. E.g.mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
4. Give the command: mount -o bind /dev /mnt/dev
5. Give the command: mount -o bind /proc /mnt/proc
6. Give the command: mount -o bind /sys /mnt/sys
7. Give the command: chroot /mnt --> you could get some errors (e.g. regarding yast). Ignore these errors.
8. Give the command: mount -av
9. The LVM partitions should be available
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3134230
- Creation Date: 13-Dec-2007
- Modified Date:23-Feb-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com