Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 18 for SLE 12 SP1
|References:||#1038564 #1042892 #1052311 #1052368|
An update that solves three vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.74-60_64_51 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2017-1000112: Prevent a race condition in net-packet code that could
have been exploited by unprivileged users to gain root access
- CVE-2017-9242: The __ip6_append_data function in net/ipv6/ip6_output.c
in the Linux kernel was too late in checking whether an overwrite of an
skb data structure may occur, which allowed local users to cause a
denial of service (system crash) via crafted system calls (bsc#1038564,
- CVE-2017-8890: The inet_csk_clone_lock function in
net/ipv4/inet_connection_sock.c in the Linux kernel allowed attackers to
cause a denial of service (double free) or possibly have unspecified
other impact by leveraging use of the accept system call (bsc#1038564).
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2017-1513=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-1513=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (x86_64):