Security update for SuSEfirewall2
An update that fixes one vulnerability is now available.
This update for SuSEfirewall2 fixes the following issues:
- CVE-2017-15638: Fixed security issue with too open implicit portmapper
rules (bsc#1064127): A source net restriction for _rpc_ services was not
taken into account for the implicitly added rules for port 111, making
the portmap service accessible to everyone in the affected zone when the
"rpc" matching was used.
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2017-1822=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2017-1822=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3 (noarch):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3 (noarch):