How to rename (Default) Organization(s) in SUSE Manager
This document (7016648) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This technical document will explain the steps to rename the "Spacewalk Default Organization" as an example. It is possible to also rename all the other organizations as needed.
spacecmd org_list #will list the current existing organization namesPlease note: If you have a " " (space) in your Organization name you have to either escape them "\ " or first enter the "spacecmd" tool and then run the "org_rename" command.
spacecmd org_rename "old" "new" #does change the name
To also reflect this organizational change in cobbler (this is needed for auto installations with/ without PXE boot) the following command has to be executed:
cobbler list #will display all existing auto installation profiles including the organization names related to theseExisting profiles can be updated to use the new organization name via the Web-Interface.
cobbler sync #will sync the new name into the cobbler profiles
(1) On SUSE Manager Server:
(2) On SUSE Manager Proxy:
- configure-tftpsync.sh proxy1.example.com proxy2.example.com
- note: the TFTP sync utility can be installed via "zypper install susemanager-tftpsync"
- configure-tftpsync.sh # this does start a dialog
- note: the TFTP receiver utility can be installed via "zypper install susemanager-tftpsync-recv"
(3) On the SUSE Manager a "cobbler sync" will push the contents of /srv/tftpboot to the defined proxy systems.
For further details please refer to the official documentation here
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7016648
- Creation Date: 02-Jul-2015
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Manager
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com