Understanding YaST2 hostname settings during SLE11 installation
This document (7016000) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (any version)
SUSE Manager 1.7
SUSE Manager 2.1
- 3rd party applications cannot start or run properly
- SUSE Manager set up (yast2 susemanager_setup) will stop to proceed because of a missing hostname
On SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 based products the FQDN was entered before the IP settings during the network set up.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7016000
- Creation Date: 16-Dec-2014
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Manager
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com