LVM logcal volumes will not activate
This document (7014033) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy% Convert
arch1 asm -wi--- 120.00m
arch2 asm -wi--- 120.00m
critical ceo -wi--- 240.00m
data lrg -wi--- 500.00m
root sys -wi-ao 548.00m
usr sys -wi-ao 2.52g
var sys -wi-ao 448.00m
Volumes Manually Activate
Check services and files in the boot process that may be preventing volume group activation.
- Make sure no volume groups are specified in LVM_VGS_ACTIVATED_ON_BOOT in the /etc/sysconfig/lvm file.
- Make sure boot.lvm is turned on by running 'chkconfig boot.lvm on'
- Run an rpm validate on the lvm package to make sure no files have been altered. Check any altered files or consider reinstalling the lvm rpm package.
Volumes Do Not Manually Activate
The goal now is it detect any errors as to why the logical volumes won't activate. Run the following and write down any errors you get:
It is outside the scope of this document to consider all the possible errors relating to logical volumes that do not active. Each error must be researched individually.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014033
- Creation Date: 01-Nov-2013
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com