SAR only logs LINUX RESTART
This document (7009985) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 4
1. Edit /etc/sysstat/sysstat.cron
2. Change the line from this:
-*/10 * * * * root /usr/lib64/sa/sa1 -d
-*/10 * * * * root /usr/lib64/sa/sa1 -d 1 1
3. Make sure the sysstat service is turned on so the /etc/cron.d/sysstat link is created.
chkconfig sysstat on
4. You can confirm sar is logging data by running the command manually a couple of times:
/usr/lib64/sa/sa1 -d 1 1
Run sar to retest.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7009985
- Creation Date: 11-Jan-2012
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org