Introduction to SUSE Cloud
This course is a high level introduction to the basic features and functionality of SUSE Cloud. SUSE Cloud provides enterprises with an automated platform for setting-up and managing infrastructure-as-a-service private clouds and is based on the OpenStack and Crowbar open source projects.
The course is divided into main sections:
- Section 1 covers the concept of Cloud Computing in general and then provides an overview of SUSE Cloud's OpenStack Architecture.
- Section 2 takes the student through a default set-up of SUSE Cloud--from bare metal installation to the deployment of virtual machines.
The course teaches students about
- The fundamentals of cloud computing
- The components which make up SUSE Cloud, including OpenStack and Crowbar
- Cloud installation and operation
- Setting-up the SUSE Cloud environment from bare metal
- Adding nodes to the cloud
- Cloud administration
- Creating users and projects
- Adding VM instances to the repository
- Using cloud services
- Starting and stopping virtual machine instances running in the cloud
- Building and managing cloud-ready workloads using SUSE Studio
This course is designed for current and future cloud architects and administrators who are tasked with making their IT organization the cloud services provider of first resort for their enterprise.
Before taking this course, you should be familiar with the administration of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 at the level of CLP 11 (or have similar experience with another Linux distribution).
- SECTION 1: SUSE Cloud: Background and Architecture
- SECTION 2: SUSE Cloud: Setup and Use
On-demand is convenient and affordable eLearning that allows you anywhere, anytime access to valuable training at an incredible price.