Managing Heterogeneous Systems with Open Source Parallel System Administration Tools
PSA is the System Administration equivalent to parallel computing--on tens, hundreds or even thousands of machines. Using PSA techniques, you can eliminate days, weeks or even months of work with a few simple yet powerful tools taught exclusively by Advanced Technical Training.
In this course, you learn not only the concept of PSA, but also the installation and configuration of the Mooty open source PSA tool on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11, for the management of mass numbers of Linux or Windows computers in the data center or across the enterprise. This course is a must for system administrators looking to save money and maximize the value of their SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 servers and workstations.
During this course, you learn about the following concepts and skills:
- Introduction to Mooty Parallel System Administration
- Mooty Parallel System Architecture
- Mooty Installation and Configuration
- Mooty Controller Fundamentals
- The Cygwin Framework
This course is designed for data center and enterprise system administrators of straight Linux, or heterogeneous Linux and Windows environments.
If you have many systems to administer and are looking to complete work quickly while simultaneously reducing costs will find this course useful.
Before taking this course, you should have
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Windows administration skills
SECTION 1: Introduction to Mooty Parallel System Administration
- Objective 1: Cloud Management Realities
- Objective 2: Rock Star Power Tools
- Objective 3: Introduction to Mooty Parallel System Administration
SECTION 2: Mooty Parallel System Architecture
- Objective 1: Understand the Architectural Overview
- Objective 2: Understand Mooty OpenSSH Communications
SECTION 3: Mooty Installation and Configuration
- Objective 1: The Mooty Controller Script
- Objective 2: Mooty Installation
- Objective 3: SSH Communications Setup
SECTION 4: Mooty Controller Fundamentals
- Objective 1: Mooty Features Overview
- Objective 2: Modes of Operation
- Objective 3: Connection Types: Serial vs Parallel
- Objective 4: Begin Using Mooty
- Objective 5: Practical Application Labs
SECTION 5: The Cygwin Framework
- Objective 1: Mooty Framework Revisited
- Objective 2: The Cygwin Installer
- Objective 3: Cygwin Configuration
On-demand is convenient and affordable eLearning that allows you anywhere, anytime access to valuable training at an incredible price.