SUSE Linux Enterprise Foundations
In this course, you are introduced to the foundational knowledge and skills required to administer SUSE Linux Enterprise 11. The most important information from the On-demand SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 courses (3101, 3102 & 3103) are condensed into a 5 day instructor-led course.
During this course, you learn concepts and skills designed around the following "knowledge domains" that are common to all Linux/UNIX operating systems:
- The Linux File System
- Shell and User Environment
- The GUI Environment
- Software Management
- Users and Security
- Process Management
- System Initialization
- Storage Management
- Network Configuration
- Hardware and Drivers
- System Monitoring
- Common Services (Apache, NFS and Samba)
This course is designed for system administrators with little or no Linux knowledge.
There are no prerequisites required to take this course.
- SECTION 1: Introduction to SUSE Linux
- SECTION 2: System Installation
- SECTION 3: The GUI Environment
- SECTION 4: The Linux File System
- SECTION 5: The Shell and User Environment
- SECTION 6: Software and Patch Management
- SECTION 7: Users, Groups, Permissions and Security
- SECTION 8: Process Management
- SECTION 9: Linux System Initialization
- SECTION 10: Storage Management
- SECTION 11: Network Configuration
- SECTION 12: Hardware and Drivers
- SECTION 13: System Monitoring
- SECTION 14: Common Linux Services
On-demand is convenient and affordable eLearning that allows you anywhere, anytime access to valuable training at an incredible price.