SLES Enterprise Bash Programming
This course is organized into 4 essential scripting sections to maximize advanced system administration skill:
- A Syntax Boot Camp which quickly brings you up to speed on Bash data structures, compound commands and basic coding techniques.
- Techniques for leveraging the standard SUSE system administration environment as an high speed Bash scripting IDE for Sys Admins, including essential tips and tricks that boost the power and capability of the user with Gnome Desktop Environment, the Gnome Terminal and the Vim Editor.
- Bash Interpreter internals including how Bash interprets code and works with both interactive and non-interactive shells.
- A High Performance Administration (HPA) finale which extends sys admin scripting skills from Parts 1-3, providing you with the Mooty suite, written in Bash by Novell ATT, for HPA of heterogeneous environments that include SUSE Linux Enterprise.
The HPA section teaches you how to utilize HPA techniques such as parallelization, to administer systems potentially numbering in the hundreds or thousands. You also see how to install and configure Cygwin on Windows systems to begin adding them to their HPA environments.
This is an advanced course designed for Linux system administrators that already have actual field experience with Linux.
Course prerequisites include hands-on experience with Linux, preferably SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
SECTION 1: Bash Syntax Bootcamp
- Objective 1: Bash Basics
- Objective 2: Use Basic Script Elements
- Objective 3: Understand Variables and Command Substitution
- Objective 4: Use Control Structures
- Objective 5: Use Arithmetic Operators
- Objective 6: Read User Input
- Objective 7: Use Arrays
- Objective 8: Finalize the Course Project
- Objective 9: Use Advanced Scripting Techniques
- Objective 10: Learn about Useful Commands in Shell Scripts
SECTION 2: Introduction to the Bash Scripting Environment
- Objective 1: Introduction to the Gnome Desktop Environment
- Objective 2: The Vim Power User Primer
- Objective 3: Introduction to Bash Scripting
SECTION 3: Bash Scripting Fundamentals
- Objective 1: Bash Internals
- Objective 2: Linux Data Manipulation Tools
- Objective 3: Bash Execution Behavior
- Objective 04: Bash Script Writing
- Objective 5: Bash Debugging
SECTION 4: High Performance Administration
- Objective 1: Introduction to Mooty Parallel System Administration
- Objective 2: Mooty Parallel System Architecture
- Objective 3: Mooty Installation and Configuration
- Objective 4: Mooty Controller Fundamentals
- Objective 5: The Cygwin Framework
On-demand is convenient and affordable eLearning that allows you anywhere, anytime access to valuable training at an incredible price.