SUSE Certified Instructor
The SUSE Certified Instructor® (SCI) is one of the world's most renowned technical instructor certifications. SCI program requirements have recently been revised to include an emphasis on Linux instruction.
To ensure that SUSE official curriculum is taught by the best technical trainers in the industry, SUSE Training Services has set the following requirements for participating as an SCI:
Minimum Technical requirement (complete one of the following):
- SUSE CLP (10 or 11)
Didactical requirement (complete one of the following):
- SUSE Instructor Performance Evaluation (IPE)
- VMWare Certified Trainer
- Other 3rd party didactic certification (on case by case basis).
To use a 3rd party certificate please contact email@example.com. Other 3rd party didactic certifications are accepted subject to approval by Instructor Program Management.
- Found in the Certification Database. In order to sign the Instructor agreement you must first complete one of the technical requirements listed above. After completing the online agreement, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the Instructor approval process with your name, certification ID, name of supporting Training Partner (or academic institute for Academic Instructor candidates).
The current Program Guide outlines all of the requirements in detail.
An Instructor must comply with the Instructor Course Authorization requirements prior to delivering a SUSE Course.
Candidates who are SCI certified have a Continuing Certification Requirement (CCR), details of which are issued with at least 6 months' notice to allow instructors to remain current in the program.
All SCIs will receive access to the following resources:
- Online Access to SUSE Instructor Course Materials—All SUSE course materials will be provided vie online distribution to allow instructors to access materials required to teach authorized SUSE courses in an efficient manner.
- Access to SUSE On-demand Training–All SCIs will be granted access to On-demand Training for their own personal use in order to keep up with the latest SUSE technologies.
- Access to the Instructor Community Web Site—Stay in contact with SUSE and other SUSE instructors through the online discussion forums, Instructor monthly newsletter, the SUSE Instructor Wiki, and much more!
The following are useful links for SCIs:
- Instructor Course Authorization page
- Test Objectives
- Certification Database (contains your personal information on test scores, requirements and certifications—Login Required)
- Never Logged in to the Certification Database? Learn How
- Instructor Community pages—Login Required