Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 34 for SLE 12 SP2)SUSE Security Update: Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 34 for SLE 12 SP2)
|References:||#1165631 #1171252 #1171254|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2020-12653 CVE-2020-12654 CVE-2020-1749|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes three vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 4.4.121-92_129 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2020-12653: Fixed a buffer overflow in mwifiex_cmd_append_vsie_tlv() which could have allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (bsc#1171254).
- CVE-2020-12654: Fixed a heap-based buffer overflow in mwifiex_ret_wmm_get_status() which could have been triggered by a remote AP to trigger (bsc#1171252).
- CVE-2020-1749: Fixed an improper implementation in some IPsec protocols where the data were sent unencrypted allowing an attacker to read them (bsc#1165631).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP2-2020-1486=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2020-1486=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2 (ppc64le x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS (ppc64le x86_64):