Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 0 for SLE 12 SP4)
|References:||#1133191 #1135280 #1136446 #1136935 #1137597|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2019-11085 CVE-2019-11477 CVE-2019-11478 CVE-2019-11487 CVE-2019-3846|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes 5 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 4.12.14-94_41 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2019-3846: A flaw that allowed an attacker to corrupt memory and possibly escalate privileges was found in the mwifiex kernel module while connecting to a malicious wireless network (bsc#1136446).
- CVE-2019-11477: A sequence of SACKs may have been crafted by a remote attacker such that one can trigger an integer overflow, leading to a kernel panic. (bsc#1137586).
- CVE-2019-11478: It was possible to send a crafted sequence of SACKs which would fragment the TCP retransmission queue. A remote attacker may have been able to further exploit the fragmented queue to cause an expensive linked-list walk for subsequent SACKs received for that same TCP connection. (bsc#1137586)
- CVE-2019-11487: The Linux kernel allowed page->_refcount reference count overflow, with resultant use-after-free issues, if about 140 GiB of RAM exists. This is related to fs/fuse/dev.c, fs/pipe.c, fs/splice.c, include/linux/mm.h, include/linux/pipe_fs_i.h, kernel/trace/trace.c, mm/gup.c, and mm/hugetlb.c. It can occur with FUSE requests (bsc#1133191).
- CVE-2019-11085: Insufficient input validation in Kernel Mode Driver in Intel(R) i915 Graphics may allowed an authenticated user to potentially enable escalation of privilege via local access (bsc#1135280).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP4:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-SP4-2019-1666=1 SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-SP4-2019-1674=1 SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-SP4-2019-1679=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP4 (ppc64le x86_64):