Security update for clamav
|References:||#1103040 #1104457 #1110723|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2018-14680 CVE-2018-14681 CVE-2018-14682 CVE-2018-15378|
An update that fixes four vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for clamav fixes the following issues:
clamav was updated to version 0.100.2:
- CVE-2018-15378: Vulnerability in ClamAV's MEW unpacking feature that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service (DoS) condition on an affected device. (bsc#1110723)
- CVE-2018-14680, CVE-2018-14681, CVE-2018-14682: more fixes for embedded libmspack. (bsc#1103040)
- Make freshclam more robust against lagging signature mirrors.
- On-Access "Extra Scanning", an opt-in minor feature of OnAccess scanning on Linux systems, has been disabled due to a known issue with resource cleanup OnAccessExtraScanning will be re-enabled in a future release when the issue is resolved. In the mean-time, users who enabled the feature in clamd.conf will see a warning informing them that the feature is not active. For details, see: https://bugzilla.clamav.net/show_bug.cgi?id=12048
- Restore exit code compatibility of freshclam with versions before 0.100.0 when the virus database is already up to date (bsc#1104457).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2019-1071=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):