Recommended update for umoci
An update that has 0 recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for umoci fixes the following issues:
- Enable build for s390x on openSUSE
- Update to umoci v0.4.4.
* Added full-stack verification of blob hashes and descriptors for all operations (improving our hardening against bad images). * For details, see CHANGELOG.md in the package.
- Update to umoci v0.4.3.
* Added --no-history to all commands with --history.* flags. Should only be used for umoci-config(1). * Added `umoci insert --tag` to allow non-destructive modifications. * For details, see packaged /usr/share/doc/packages/umoci/CHANGELOG.md.
- Update to umoci v0.4.2.
* umoci now has an exposed Go API * Added `umoci unpack --keep-dirlinks` * `umoci insert` now supports whiteouts two ways. * For details, see CHANGELOG.md in the package.
- Update to umoci v0.4.1.
* Support more tags (the valid set of characters in tags has expanded). * Add 'umoci insert' and 'umoci raw unpack'. * 'umoci unpack' correctly handles out-of-order whiteouts now. * 'umoci unpack' and 'umoci repack' make sure of a more optimised gzip implementation now -- in some benchmarks 'umoci repack' can have a speedup of up to 3x. * For details, see CHANGELOG.md in the package.
- Update to umoci v0.4.0. Upstream changelog:
+ `umoci repack` now supports `--refresh-bundle` which will update the OCI bundle's metadata (mtree and umoci-specific manifests) after packing the image tag. This means that the bundle can be used as a base layer for future diffs without needing to unpack the image again. openSUSE/umoci#196 + Added a website, and reworked the documentation to be better structured. You can visit the website at [`umo.ci`][umo.ci]. openSUSE/umoci#188 + Added support for the `user.rootlesscontainers` specification, which allows for persistent on-disk emulation of `chown(2)` inside rootless containers. This implementation is interoperable with [@AkihiroSuda's `PRoot` fork][as-proot-fork] (though we do not test its interoperability at the moment) as both tools use [the same protobuf specification][rootlesscontainers-proto]. openSUSE/umoci#227 + `umoci unpack` now has support for opaque whiteouts (whiteouts which remove all children of a directory in the lower layer), though `umoci repack` does not currently have support for generating them. While this is technically a spec requirement, through testing we've never encountered an actual user of these whiteouts. openSUSE/umoci#224 openSUSE/umoci#229 + `umoci unpack` will now use some rootless tricks inside user namespaces for operations that are known to fail (such as `mknod(2)`) while other operations will be carried out as normal (such as `lchown(2)`). It should be noted that the `/proc/self/uid_map` checking we do can be tricked into not detecting user namespaces, but you would need to be trying to break it on purpose. openSUSE/umoci#171 openSUSE/umoci#230 * Fix a bug in our "parent directory restore" code, which is responsible for ensuring that the mtime and other similar properties of a directory are not modified by extraction inside said directory. The bug would manifest as xattrs not being restored properly in certain edge-cases (which we incidentally hit in a test-case). openSUSE/umoci#161 openSUSE/umoci#162 * `umoci unpack` will now "clean up" the bundle generated if an error occurs during unpacking. Previously this didn't happen, which made cleaning up the responsibility of the caller (which was quite difficult if you were unprivileged). This is a breaking change, but is in the error path so it's not critical. openSUSE/umoci#174 openSUSE/umoci#187 * `umoci gc` now will no longer remove unknown files and directories that aren't `flock(2)`ed, thus ensuring that any possible OCI image-spec extensions or other users of an image being operated on will no longer break. openSUSE/umoci#198 * `umoci unpack --rootless` will now correctly handle regular file unpacking when overwriting a file that `umoci` doesn't have write access to. In addition, the semantics of pre-existing hardlinks to a clobbered file are clarified (the hard-links will not refer to the new layer's inode). openSUSE/umoci#222 openSUSE/umoci#223 [as-proot-fork]: https://github.com/AkihiroSuda/runrootless [rootlesscontainers-proto]: https://rootlesscontaine.rs/proto/rootlesscontainers.proto [umo.ci]: https://umo.ci/
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-SP1-2019-2624=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-2019-2624=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15-SP1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):