Recommended update for sensors
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that has two recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for sensors fixes the following issues:
sensors was updated to version 3.5.0:
The following changes were done:
- soname was bumped due to commit dcf2367 which introduced an ABI change. (This was reverted for the SUSE packages, as it was not necessary)
- Fixed disappearance of certain hwmon chips with 4.19+ kernels (bsc#1116021).
- Add the find-driver script for debugging.
- Various documentation and man page improvements.
- Fix various issues found by Coverity Scan.
- Updated links in documentation to reflect the new home of lm_sensors.
- sensors.1: Add reference to sensors-detect and document -j option (json output).
- sensors: Add support for json output, add support for power min, lcrit, min_alarm, lcrit_alarm.
- sensors-detect changes:
* Fix systemd paths. * Add detection of Fintek F81768. * Only probe I/O ports on x86. * Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6793D. * Add detection of Microchip MCP9808. * Mark F71868A as supported by the f71882fg driver. * Mark F81768D as supported by the f71882fg driver. * Mark F81866D as supported by the f71882fg driver. * Add detection of various ITE chips. * Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6795D. * Add detection of DDR4 SPD. * Add detection of ITE IT8987D. * Add detection of AMD Family 17h temperature sensors. * Add detection of AMD KERNCZ SMBus controller. * Add detection of various Intel SMBus controllers. * Add detection of Giantec GT30TS00. * Add detection of ONS CAT34TS02C and CAT34TS04. * Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 60+ temperature sensors. * Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6796D. * Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 70+ temperature sensors.
- configs: Add sample configuration files.
* Add hardwired inputs of NCT6795D * Add hardwired inputs of F71868A * Add hardwired NCT6796D inputs
- vt1211_pwm: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax, run with bash instead of sh.
- pwmconfig: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax.
- fancontrol: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax, save original pwm values.
- fancontrol.8: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax.
* Add support for SENSORS_BUS_TYPE_SCSI, add support for power min, lcrit, min_alarm, lcrit_alarm. * Handle hwmon device with thermal device parent (bsc#1108468).
- Undo unnecessary libsensors version bump.
- Undo the SENSORS_API_VERSION change, to stay source-compatible with upstream.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-2019-1229=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15 (aarch64 ppc64le x86_64):