Recommended update for python-kiwi
|References:||#1108508 #1110869 #1110871 #1119416 #1123185 #1123186 #1126283 #1126318|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that has 8 recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for python-kiwi provides the following fixes:
- Change the default value for bundler compression. If no compression is configured in the kiwi config file the default was set to False. However this led to big trouble on the OBS side for images which have fixed storage disk sizes configured (for example Azure images which request 30G disk size per instance). The default has changed to be True.
- Support alternative EFI and grub modules paths. In SUSE products EFI binaries are historically located in /usr/lib*/efi. In a recent move to package grub2 as noarch, a collision between x86_64 and aarch64 has been identified as both packages place platform-specific files in the same location. To fix this, a new location was devised: /usr/share/efi/$(uname -m). At the same time /usr/lib/grub2 will move to /usr/share/grub2. (fate#326960)
- Fix Xen guest detection. Xen setup (e.g in the Amazon Cloud) is only supported for the x86_64 architecture. (bsc#1123186, bsc#1123185)
- Fix the location of grub unicode font file. grub2 is expecting the unicode font under the fonts directory in the /boot/grub*/ depending on how the distribution installs grub2. (bsc#1119416)
- Add Codec utils for bytes literals decoding. In case of a literal decoding failure it tries to decode the result in utf-8. This is handy in python2 environments where python and the host might be using different charset configurations. In python3 this issue seems to be solved. (bsc#1110871)
- Fixed URI handling with token query option. So far only the query format "?credentials=" was supported. In case of "?random_token_data" the returned uri was truncated and also the format check on the query caused a python trace. (bsc#1110869, bsc#1108508)
- Fix disk size calculation for VMX. Disk size calculation must take into account the empty volumes that are to be mounted in a directory that does not exist in the root tree otherwise there is KeyError. The result of storate/setup._calculate_volume_mbytes must be a dictionary including all defined volumes.
- Fixes an issue where the resize of a disk didn't work if the system is multipath based (bsc#1126283)
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-2019-970=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-15-2019-970=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15 (x86_64):