Recommended update for supportutils-plugin-suse-caasp
|References:||#1067999 #1069457 #1080093 #1094656 #1094988|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that has 5 recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for supportutils-plugin-suse-caasp provides the following
- Add support for cri-o. (bsc#1094988)
- Fix salt events file names. Raw salt events are now in JSON format, so use .json instead of .yml. Additionally, these are no longer fetched via Velum, so remove velum from the filename.
- Add timeout for docker exec command. (bsc#1094656)
- Remove coloring from salt event summary output. Additionally fixed a bug that was preventing the debug-salt from being run directly against an input XML fail using the '-i' option.
- Improved salt event extraction. Altered the salt event extraction to use a standalone script to pull the events rather than the Ruby stack. This is much faster less error prone. Additionally added processing of the salt events to create a readable summary of what happened. (bsc#1080093, bsc#1067999)
- Add Housekeeping Job.
- Include TX update logs from /tmp in output.
- Gather transactional-update logs.
- Check docker rpm package name properly. Docker package in Devel:CASP:Head:ControllerNode is named docker_1_12_6, check if this package was installed and provide containers information for supportconfig. (bsc#1069457)
- Make sure kubectl runs only on master. The admin node has kubectl but it won't find anything on localhost:8080, it has to be run on the master. Also kubectl should always be installed there, so no check is necessary.
- Gather Pillar data. Pillar data can be vital to understanding why a failure occurs, so gather this info as part of the standard supportconfig dump.
- Gather the Salt Minion's grains file. The grains file provides some useful information, for example the roles assigned to a minion, and several CaaSP specific state flags.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-2019-493=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15 (noarch):