Security update for tomcat
|References:||#1067720 #1093697 #1102379 #1102400 #1102410|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2018-1336 CVE-2018-8014 CVE-2018-8034 CVE-2018-8037|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that solves four vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for tomcat to version 9.0.10 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-1336: An improper handing of overflow in the UTF-8 decoder with supplementary characters could have lead to an infinite loop in the decoder causing a Denial of Service (bsc#1102400).
- CVE-2018-8014: Fix insecure default CORS filter settings (bsc#1093697).
- CVE-2018-8034: The host name verification when using TLS with the WebSocket client was missing. It is now enabled by default (bsc#1102379).
- CVE-2018-8037: If an async request was completed by the application at the same time as the container triggered the async timeout, a race condition existed that could have resulted in a user seeing a response intended for a different user. An additional issue was present in the NIO and NIO2 connectors that did not correctly track the closure of the connection when an async request was completed by the application and timed out by the container at the same time. This could also have resulted in a user seeing a response intended for another user (bsc#1102410).
- Avoid overwriting of customer's configuration during update (bsc#1067720)
- Disable adding OSGi metadata to JAR files
- See changelog at
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-2018-2145=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15 (noarch):