Security update for ghostscript
|References:||#1106171 #1106172 #1106173 #1106195 #1107410 #1107411 #1107412 #1107413 #1107420 #1107421 #1107422 #1107423 #1107426 #1107581 #1108027 #1109105|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2018-15908 CVE-2018-15909 CVE-2018-15910 CVE-2018-15911 CVE-2018-16509 CVE-2018-16510 CVE-2018-16511 CVE-2018-16513 CVE-2018-16539 CVE-2018-16540 CVE-2018-16541 CVE-2018-16542 CVE-2018-16543 CVE-2018-16585 CVE-2018-16802 CVE-2018-17183|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes 16 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for ghostscript to version 9.25 fixes the following issues:
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2018-17183: Remote attackers were be able to supply crafted PostScript to potentially overwrite or replace error handlers to inject code (bsc#1109105)
- CVE-2018-15909: Prevent type confusion using the .shfill operator that could have been used by attackers able to supply crafted PostScript files to crash the interpreter or potentially execute code (bsc#1106172).
- CVE-2018-15908: Prevent attackers that are able to supply malicious PostScript files to bypass .tempfile restrictions and write files (bsc#1106171).
- CVE-2018-15910: Prevent a type confusion in the LockDistillerParams parameter that could have been used to crash the interpreter or execute code (bsc#1106173).
- CVE-2018-15911: Prevent use uninitialized memory access in the aesdecode operator that could have been used to crash the interpreter or potentially execute code (bsc#1106195).
- CVE-2018-16513: Prevent a type confusion in the setcolor function that could have been used to crash the interpreter or possibly have unspecified other impact (bsc#1107412).
- CVE-2018-16509: Incorrect "restoration of privilege" checking during handling of /invalidaccess exceptions could be have been used by attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to execute code using the "pipe" instruction (bsc#1107410).
- CVE-2018-16510: Incorrect exec stack handling in the "CS" and "SC" PDF primitives could have been used by remote attackers able to supply crafted PDFs to crash the interpreter or possibly have unspecified other impact (bsc#1107411).
- CVE-2018-16542: Prevent attackers able to supply crafted PostScript files from using insufficient interpreter stack-size checking during error handling to crash the interpreter (bsc#1107413).
- CVE-2018-16541: Prevent attackers able to supply crafted PostScript files from using incorrect free logic in pagedevice replacement to crash the interpreter (bsc#1107421).
- CVE-2018-16540: Prevent use-after-free in copydevice handling that could have been used to crash the interpreter or possibly have unspecified other impact (bsc#1107420).
- CVE-2018-16539: Prevent attackers able to supply crafted PostScript files from using incorrect access checking in temp file handling to disclose contents of files on the system otherwise not readable (bsc#1107422).
- CVE-2018-16543: gssetresolution and gsgetresolution allowed attackers to have an unspecified impact (bsc#1107423).
- CVE-2018-16511: A type confusion in "ztype" could have been used by remote attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to crash the interpreter or possibly have unspecified other impact (bsc#1107426).
- CVE-2018-16585: The .setdistillerkeys PostScript command was accepted even though it is not intended for use during document processing (e.g., after the startup phase). This lead to memory corruption, allowing remote attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to crash the interpreter or possibly have unspecified other impact (bsc#1107581).
- CVE-2018-16802: Incorrect "restoration of privilege" checking when running out of stack during exception handling could have been used by attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to execute code using the "pipe" instruction. This is due to an incomplete fix for CVE-2018-16509 (bsc#1108027).
These non-security issues were fixed:
- Fixes problems with argument handling, some unintended results of the security fixes to the SAFER file access restrictions (specifically accessing ICC profile files).
- Avoid that ps2epsi fails with 'Error: /undefined in --setpagedevice--'
For additional changes please check http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/9.25/News.htm and the changes file of the package.
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-BCL:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-BCL-2018-2121=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-BCL (x86_64):