Security update for kvm
|References:||#1092885 #1096223 #1098735|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2018-11806 CVE-2018-12617 CVE-2018-3639|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes three vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for kvm fixes the following security issues:
- CVE-2018-12617: qmp_guest_file_read had an integer overflow that could have been exploited by sending a crafted QMP command (including guest-file-read with a large count value) to the agent via the listening socket causing DoS (bsc#1098735)
- CVE-2018-11806: Prevent heap-based buffer overflow via incoming fragmented datagrams (bsc#1096223)
With this release the mitigations for Spectre v4 are moved the the patches from upstream (CVE-2018-3639, bsc#1092885).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch slessp3-kvm-13767=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Sale 11-SP3:
zypper in -t patch sleposp3-kvm-13767=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS (i586 s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Sale 11-SP3 (i586):