Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 13 for SLE 12 SP2)
|References:||#1096564 #1097108 #1099306 #1103203|
An update that fixes four vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 4.4.74-92_38 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2018-3646: Local attackers in virtualized guest systems could use
speculative code patterns on hyperthreaded processors to read data
present in the L1 Datacache used by other hyperthreads on the same CPU
core, potentially leaking sensitive data, even from other virtual
machines or the host system (bsc#1099306).
- CVE-2017-18344: The timer_create syscall implementation in
kernel/time/posix-timers.c didn't properly validate the
sigevent->sigev_notify field, which lead to out-of-bounds access in the
show_timer function (called when /proc/$PID/timers is read). This
allowed userspace applications to read arbitrary kernel memory (on a
kernel built with CONFIG_POSIX_TIMERS and CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE)
(bsc#1103203). before 4.14.8
- CVE-2017-11600: net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c did not ensure that the dir value
of xfrm_userpolicy_id is XFRM_POLICY_MAX or less, which allowed local
users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds access) or possibly
have unspecified other impact via an XFRM_MSG_MIGRATE xfrm Netlink
- CVE-2018-10853: A flaw was found in kvm. In which certain instructions
such as sgdt/sidt call segmented_write_std didn't propagate access
correctly. As such, during userspace induced exception, the guest can
incorrectly assume that the exception happened in the kernel and panic.
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP2-2018-1651=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2018-1651=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS (x86_64):