Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 26 for SLE 12 SP1)
An update that fixes two vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.74-60_64_85 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2018-3646: Local attackers in virtualized guest systems could use
speculative code patterns on hyperthreaded processors to read data
present in the L1 Datacache used by other hyperthreads on the same CPU
core, potentially leaking sensitive data, even from other virtual
machines or the host system (bsc#1099306).
- CVE-2018-10853: A flaw was found in kvm. In which certain instructions
such as sgdt/sidt call segmented_write_std didn't propagate access
correctly. As such, during userspace induced exception, the guest can
incorrectly assume that the exception happened in the kernel and panic.
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2018-1595=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2018-1595=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (x86_64):