Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 22 for SLE 12)
|References:||#1076017 #1083488 #1085114 #1085447|
An update that fixes four vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.61-52_77 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-13166: An elevation of privilege vulnerability was fixed in the
kernel v4l2 video driver. (bsc#1085447).
- CVE-2018-1068: A flaw was found in the Linux kernels implementation of
32-bit syscall interface for bridging. This allowed a privileged user to
arbitrarily write to a limited range of kernel memory (bsc#1085114).
- CVE-2018-1000004: A race condition vulnerability existed in the sound
system, which could lead to a deadlock and denial of service condition
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2018-702=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS (x86_64):