Recommended update for s3fs
An update that has one recommended fix can now be installed.
This update of s3fs to version 1.84 brings many fixes and improvements,
- Require fuse package on runtime to allow mounting with systemd, mount command or /etc/fstab (bsc#1111267)
- Changes in version 1.84: * Update README.md with details about .passwd-s3fs. * Add disk space reservation. * Added Cygwin build options. * Reduce lock contention on file open. * Don't fail multirequest on single thread error. * Add an instance_name option for logging. * More useful error message for dupe entries in passwd file. * Cleanup curl handle state on retries. * Don't fail mkdir when directory exists. * Fix xpath selector in bucket listing. * Validate the URL format for http/https. * Added reset curl handle when returning to handle pool. * Optimize defaults. * Upgrade to S3Proxy 1.6.0. * Cleanup curl handles before curl share. * Remove false multihead warnings. * Remove s3fs-python. * Fixed memory leak. * Revert "enable FUSE read_sync by default". * Option for IAM authentication endpoint. * gnutls_auth: Initialize libgcrypt. * Log messages for 5xx and 4xx HTTP response code. * Instructions for SUSE and openSUSE prebuilt packages. * Added list_object_max_keys option based on #783 PR.
- Changes in version 1.83: * Fix chown_nocopy losing existing uid/gid if unspecified. * Group permission checks can fail with large number of groups. * Upgrade to S3Proxy 1.5.3. * Add blurb about non-Amazon S3 implementations. * Fixed potential atomic violation in S3fsCurl::AddUserAgent. * Fixed with unnecessary equal in POST uploads url argument. * Configure S3Proxy for SSL. * Simplify S3Proxy PID handling. * Fix s3fs_init message. * Don't fail updating directory when removing old-style object. * Refixed s3fs_init message. * Lock FdEntity when mutating orgmeta. * Auth headers insertion refactoring. * Add IBM IAM authentication support. * Fixed a bug in S3fsCurl::LocateBundle. * Add support for ECS metadata endpoint. * Reduce use of preprocessor. * Move str definition from header to implementation. * Changed functions about reading passwd file. * Correct signedness warning. * Remove use of jsoncpp. * Improved use of temporary files. * Added option ecs description to man page. * Updated template md files for issue and pr. * Fix condition for parallel download. * Fixing race condition in FdEntity::GetStats. * Fix dbglevel usage.
- Changes in version 1.82: * Do not fallback to HTTP.
- Changes in version 1.81: * Include location constraint when creating bucket. * Correct search and replace typo. * Handled all curl error without exiting process. * Fix for leaks during stat cache entry expiry / truncation. * Add mirror file logic for removing cache file. * Added fuse package for mounting via /etc/fstab. * Accept mount options compatible with mtab. * Changed for accepting mount options compatible with mtab. * Fixed a bug that would not copy file mode from original file. * Added use_xattr option. * OS-specific correspondence of the extended attribute header. * Trim symbolic link original path in file. * Split header debugging onto multiple lines for easier reading. * Fixed searching Content-Length without case sensitive. * Changed headers_t map using nocase compare function. * Fix invalid V4 signature on multipart copy requests. * Upgrade to S3Proxy 1.5.1. * Add missing call to mtime test. * Use describe helper function. * Correct typos. * Use server-provided ETag during complete upload. * Fixed a bug about uploading NULL to some part of the file contents. * Changed clock_gettime func to s3fs_clock_gettime for homebrew. * Added issue and PR templates. * Update s3fs.1 - removed duplicated word. * Added links for eventual consistency in README.md. * Upgrade to S3Proxy 1.5.2. * Address cppcheck 1.77 warnings. * Changed base cached time of stat_cache_expire option. * Fixed double initialization of SSL library at foreground. * Add umount instruction for unprivileged user. * Updated stat_cache_expire option description. * Switch S3fsMultiCurl to use foreground threads. * Add TLS cipher suites customization. * Cleanup cache directory when running out of disk space. * Do not sign empty headers (as they are discarded). * Fix multipart upload handling without cache. * Added check_cache_dir_exist option. * Fixed a bug in logic about truncating stat cache. * Fixed a bug about multipart uploading at no free space. * Do not send ACL unless overridden. * Added option for complementing lack of stat mode. * Refactored the get_object_attribute function. * Added notsup_compat_dir option. * Enhanced bucket/path parameter check. * Check errors returned in 200 OK responses for put header request. * Updated limit object size in s3fs man page. * Fixed failure to upload/copy with SSE_C and SSE_KMS. * Default transport to HTTPS. * Updated man page for default_acl option. * Backward compatible for changing default transport to HTTPS. * Check bucket at public bucket and add nocopyapi option automatically.
- Changes in version 1.80: * Parse ETag from copy multipart correctly. * Fix a memory leak in openssl_auth.cpp:s3fs_sha256hexsum. * Override install, so that the make install does not install rename_before_close under /test. * Address Coverity errors. * Test removing a non-empty directory. * Compare idiomatically. * Annotate constructors as explicit. * Convert rename_before_close to a shell script. * Rewrite AutoLock. * Always hold stat_cache_lock when using stat_cache. * Remove IntToStr. * Update README. * Plug leak during complete multipart upload. * Refactor tests into individual functions. * Enable all cppcheck rules. * Update stale Google Code reference in --help. * Enable Content-MD5 during multipart upload part. * Run cppcheck during Travis builds. * Elide duplicate lookups of std::map via iterators. * Unlock during early return in TruncateCache. * Base64 cleanup. * Silence wget. * s3fs can print version with short commit hash. * Skip xattr tests if utilities are missing. * Fixed an issue with caching when the creation of a subdirectory. * Added chacking cache dir perms at starting. * Add no atomic rename to limitations. * Update README.md: Bugfix password file permissions errors. * Update README.md to better explain mount upon boot. * Correct help timeouts. * Allow integration testing against Amazon S3. * Added the _netdev option to the fstab example. * Use 127.0.0.1 not localhost in s3proxy wait loop. * Add support for standard_ia storage class. * Modified man page for storage_class option. * Add support for SSE KMS. * Add support for object which is larger than free disk space. * Add test for symlink. * Fixed a bug about head request(copy) for SSE. * Print source file in log messages. * File opened with O_TRUNC is not flushed. * Fix a small spelling issue. * File opened with O_TRUNC is not flushed. * Fix syslog level used by S3FS_PRN_EXIT(). * Fixed a bug about mtime. * Fix read concurrency to work in parallel count. * Fix pthread portability problem. * Changed ensure free disk space. * Check pthread portability in configure. * Change error log to debug log in s3fs_read(). * Clean up mount point on errors in s3fs_init(). * Delete stat cache entry in s3fs_fsync so st_size is refreshed. * Add goofys to references. * Fix v4 signature with use_path_request_style. * Correct multiple issues with GET and v4 signing. * Pass by const reference where possible. * Address various clang warnings. * Bucket host should include port and not path. * Update REAME.md for fstab. * Fixed a bug about IAMCRED type could not be retried.. * Updated README.md for fstab example. * Fix the memory leak issue in fdcache. * Fix empty directory check against AWS S3. * Integration test summary, continue on error. * Changed cache out logic for stat. * Check cache directory path and attributes. * Remove stat file cache dir if specified del_cache. * Supported regex type for additional header format. * Remove optional parameter from Content-Type header. * Fix clock_gettime autotools detection on Linux. * Checked content-type by no case-sensitivity. * Always set stats cache for opened file. * Fixed a bug about etag comparison in stats cache, etc. * Test for writing after an lseek past end of file. * Fixed writing sparsed file. * Supported User-Agent header. * Fix a bug of truncating empty file. * Add curl handler pool to reuse connections. * Fixed 'load_sse_c' option not working. * Allow duplicate key in ahbe_conf. * Loading IAM role name automatically (iam_role option). * Fixed a bug about stat_cache_expire. * Skip early credential checks when iam_role=auto. * Fixes for iam_role=auto.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Public-Cloud-12-2018-2810=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):