Recommended update for python-kiwi
|References:||#1093518 #1093917 #1094788 #1095267 #1096937 #1098535 #1099569 #1102868 #1108508 #1109882 #1110869|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that has 11 recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for python-kiwi provides the following fixes:
- Avoid module loading in grub config template. (bsc#1096937)
- Add true module to grub image list. (bsc#1093917)
- Changed GUID format from signed to unsigned. (bsc#1095267)
- Fix SC2164 complain of shellcheck.
- Update shellcheck call from tox. Recent shellcheck versions are more strict and complain about backslashes used in literals, claiming it is preferred to use double backslashes. As is just a styling advise and backslashes are used in multiple commands, this can be ignored.
- Omit the multipath module in live ISO initrd. The multipath module creates device maps which puts the device in a busy state and prevents the creation of a persistent write partition. As multipath seems never useful for the root of a live ISO image it is generally omitted. (bsc#1094788)
- Simplify configfile loading.
- Prevent building custom efi image. If the distribution provides a prebuilt efi image kiwi should use it instead of building its own image.
- Fix using SCC repositories with kiwi. (bsc#1110869)
- Fix URI handling with token query option. So far only the query format ?credentials=... was supported. In case of ?random_token_data the returned uri was truncated and also the format check on the query caused a python trace.
- Fix broken link to ec2uploadimg tool.
- Make sure changes to files in the overlay tree are in the file image. (bsc#1109882)
- Create parent qgroup when snapper is present. This creates a new parent quota group (1/0) of level 1 when btrfs_quota_groups is enabled and snapper present into the image root tree. (bsc#1093518)
- Make volume id customizable for installation ISOs. This makes the volid attribute also available for OEM images. The installation media makes use of the volid value. Only posix safe names are allowed, up to 32 characters.
- Fix a problem that was causing custom kiwi initrds fail to build. (bsc#1108508)
- Fix disk detection for live iso in loopback grub.
- Snapper configuration for btrfs quota support refactored. This refactors the snapper configuration for btrfs quota support when btrfs_root_is_snapshot is enabled. The sysconfig file /etc/sysconfig/snapper is now taken into consideration. (bsc#1093518)
- Fix overlay of intermediate config files.
- Fix filesystem builder use of exclude list. kiwi defines a global Defaults.get_exclude_list_for_root_data_sync method but it was not used in the scope of the filesystem builder. Thus this builder was missing the exclusion of the .buildenv file.
- Enhance /etc/snapper/configs/root file parser.
- Fix the following aspects of quota groups management when snapper is
* Fix the config file path if root is snapshot.
* Uses the correct QGROUP="
" syntax * Do not overwrite the config file if already present
- Add support for system wide config file. If there is no user specific config file, kiwi also looks for a system wide /etc/kiwi.yml file.
- Add support for pxe live boot via AOE.
- Delete dmraid aka: softraid soft/fakeraid support. (fate#323743)
- Do not replace version from the image name. (bsc#1102868)
- Fix name of checksum file for pxe type.
- Fix custom_args argument assignment in BootImage.
- Fix GCE image file name.
- Support label attribute in volumes.
- Add '--add-container-label' flag.
- Avoid double quoting of disturl in label (...="'obs://...'").
- Fix a problem that was causing a live system to think partitions were in use when trying to format them. (bsc#1094788)
- Add system cleanup methods. (bsc#1098535)
- Fix building VMware images with pvscsi adapter. (bsc#1099569)
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-15-2018-2439=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15 (x86_64):