Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 11 for SLE 12 SP1)
|References:||#1063671 #1064392 #1066471 #1066472|
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has two fixes is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.67-60_64_24 fixes several issues.
The following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-15649: net/packet/af_packet.c in the Linux kernel allowed local
users to gain privileges via crafted system calls that trigger
mishandling of packet_fanout data structures, because of a race
condition (involving fanout_add and packet_do_bind) that leads to a
use-after-free, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-6346
- CVE-2017-13080: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA and WPA2) allowed
reinstallation of the Group Temporal Key (GTK) during the group key
handshake, allowing an attacker within radio range to replay frames from
access points to clients (bsc#1063671, bsc#1066472, bsc#1066471)
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2017-1957=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-1957=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (x86_64):