Security update for gnutls
|References:||#760265 #802651 #821818 #835760 #865804 #865993|
An update that solves four vulnerabilities and has two fixes is now available.
The GnuTLS library received a critical security fix and
* CVE-2014-0092: The X.509 certificate verification had
incorrect error handling, which could lead to broken
certificates marked as being valid.
* CVE-2009-5138: A verification problem in handling V1
certificates could also lead to V1 certificates incorrectly
* CVE-2013-2116: The _gnutls_ciphertext2compressed
function in lib/gnutls_cipher.c in GnuTLS allowed remote
attackers to cause a denial of service (buffer over-read
and crash) via a crafted padding length.
* CVE-2013-1619: Timing attacks against hashing of
padding was fixed which might have allowed disclosure of
keys. (Lucky13 attack).
Also the following non-security bugs have been fixed:
* gnutls doesn't like root CAs without Basic
Constraints. Permit V1 Certificate Authorities properly
* memory leak in PSK authentication (bnc#835760)
Security Issue references:
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 LTSS:
zypper in -t patch slessp1-gnutls-8951
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 LTSS (i586 s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 LTSS (s390x x86_64):