Recommended update for valgrind
An update that has one recommended fix can now be installed. It includes one version update.
This update provides valgrind 3.8.1, which adds support for
* Support for Intel AVX instructions and for AES
instructions. This support is available only for 64 bit
* Support for POWER Decimal Floating Point instructions
* Non-libc malloc implementations are now supported
* Tool developers can make replacement/wrapping more
flexible thanks to the new option --soname-synonyms
* The C++ demangler has been updated so as to work well
with C++ compiled by up to at least g++ 4.6.
* Increased limit for the --num-callers command line
flag to 500
* Improved support for DWARF4 debugging information
* Initial support for DWZ compressed Dwarf debug info
* Modest performance gains through the use of
* Several improvements for s390x.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP2:
zypper in -t patch sdksp2-valgrind-7010
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP2 (i586 ppc64 s390x x86_64) [New Version: 3.8.1]: