Security update for kvm
|References:||#770153 #772586 #777084|
An update that solves one vulnerability and has two fixes is now available.
The kvm qemu vt100 emulation was affected by a problem
where specific vt100 sequences could have been used by
guest users to affect the host. (CVE-2012-3515 aka XSA-17).
Also the following non security bugs have been fixed:
* permit qemu-kvm -device "?" even when no /dev/kvm
* SLES11SP2 KVM Virtio: on kvm guest, scsi inquiry was
still ok on the disabled subpaths. (bnc#770153)
Security Issue reference:
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2:
zypper in -t patch slessp2-kvm-6755
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP2:
zypper in -t patch sledsp2-kvm-6755
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 (i586 x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP2 (i586 x86_64):