Recommended update for SUSE Lifecycle Management Server
|References:||#743589 #749109 #749598 #749717 #750487 #750670 #752093 #758051 #759720 #764563 #764955|
An update that has 11 recommended fixes can now be installed. It includes one version update.
This update for the SUSE Lifecycle Management Server 1.2
provides the following changes:
743589 Corrected behaviour of script slms-purge
* The script slms purge --node nocontact with --date
should delete nodes which doesn't contact SLMS after but
instead it remove all nodes which is registered before . It
can cause severe data lose for customers, as already
working appliance stop working as unregistered.
749109 Add support for SLE11-SP2
* Add support for appliances based on SUSE Linux
749598 Appliances fails to register after update
* Missing reference to a rexml/document library in the
the external part of rails app controller caused a server
error during register process of customers' appliances.
749717 Changed owvership of overlay files archives
* Fixed problem with permissions in
slms/webapp/lib/overlay_files_pack.rb where the new
directory created via extract of tar archive from SUSE
Studio kept the original permissions which was unacceptable
in case the expected owner was root.
750487 Appliance version removal not successful
* Adapted and later from Studio and SLMS removed
appliance could not be removed completely from SLMS after
it has been downgraded to a previous version, which blocked
any updates of an adapted appliance to a new version with a
lower number. This patch includes removal of all records
from db and file system from any release and update
packages and patches when a appliance version is being
750670 Added UI elements to customer modification
* Adds options for removing testing customers
completely and for switching the status of the customer
between 'active' and 'inactive'. These options were missing
in the recent releases.
752093 Errors in web server SSL configuration
* New update package modified apache1 configuration
files by removing customers' own certificates and put the
default SLMS certificate in place. Resolved by splitting
Apache configuration and including new configuration file
759720 Removal of rejected patches
* Fix removal of patches rejected in the "Testing
764563 No update/progress bar on patch generation with web
* Fix user interface problem when creating and
764955 Internal Server Error on patch reject
* Resolve a Rails 2.3 bug in active_resource that could
cause an internal server error when rejecting a patch.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Studio Standard Edition 1.2:
zypper in -t patch sleslms12-slms-sle11-sp2-support-6383
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Studio Standard Edition 1.2 (x86_64) [New Version: 1.2.8]: