Receiving Signature Check errors trying to install GroupWise on SLES 12 SP2 server
This document (7021201) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Service Pack 2 (SLES 12 SP2)
The install fails at the start with the following errors: "Package is not signed!" "Signature verification failed" "gw-oracle-outside-in-8.5.3-3.x86_64"
Installing GroupWise onto SLES12 SP2 getting package not signed error message and terminates the installation
- Disable package gpgcheck in zypp.conf
- Navigate to /etc/zypp/
- Open the zypp.conf and locate the following line # pkg_gpgcheck = unset -> according to gpgcheck
- Copy this line or uncomment by removing the # and change/add text to the following: pkg_gpgcheck = off
- Save and exit the file
- Run the GroupWise install.sh once again. This time it should not do the package gpgcheck and bypass signature errors
This has also been resolved in GroupWise 18
* Mon Jul 17 2017 email@example.com
- PackageProvider: enforce a signed package if pkgGpgCheckIsMandatory
- Add RpmDb::checkPackageSignature to report unsigned packages
- Fix repo gpg check workflows, mainly for unsigned repos and packages
(bsc#1045735, bsc#1038984, CVE-2017-7435, CVE-2017-7436, CVE-2017-9269)
- version 16.15.0 (0)
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7021201
- Creation Date:14-AUG-17
- Modified Date:31-JAN-18
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search